RAYCH Consulting

Go to content

Student Visa

Student Visa

All students who intend to study in Australia for longer than three months are required to obtain a student visa.

There are conditions attached to the student visa you should be aware of.

Student visa sub class:

There are seven different types, or subclasses, of student visa.

570 - Independent ELICOS
571 - Schools
572 - Vocational Education and Training (VET)
573 - Higher Education
574 - Postgraduate Research
575 - Non-award (including non-award foundation study)
576 - AusAID and Defence sponsored

Overseas Student Health Cover

International students and their dependants are required to hold Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of their time in Australia. OSHC provides students with medical and hospital insurance.

What does OSHC cover?

OSHC provides a safety net for international students. It includes cover for visits to the doctor, some hospital treatment, ambulance cover and limited pharmaceuticals.

OSHC includes cover for:

  • the benefit amount listed in the Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) for out-of-hospital medical services (for example, a general practitioner)
  • per cent of the MBS fee for in-patient medical services (for example, surgery)
  • public hospital shared ward accommodation
  • private hospital shared ward accommodation (only for hospitals that have contractual arrangements with the overseas studentís health insurer)
  • day surgery accommodation
  • some prosthetic devices
  • limited pharmaceuticals
  • ambulance services.

Three scholarship program are available now for the international students

Endeavour Awards
Leadership Awards (ALA)
Australian Development Scholarships (ADS)

If you are a prospective international student and you would like to know a bit more about the Australian scholarship, you are welcome to contact us.

RAYCH Consulting is a qualified education agency that can provide valuable advice on applying for a scholarship.

Home Page | About Us | Australian Education | Australian Institutions | Can I study in Aus? | How to Apply? | Services | Solutions | Student Visa | Student Manual | Professional Year | Contact Us | Site Map


Back to content | Back to main menu